Monday, December 12, 2005

It's been far too long.

Okay, I know it's been a while since I've posted.

What have you missed?

Nothing.

I get home Saturday, December 17. Come over.

I just watched the movie version of Mother Night, which is of course a Kurt Vonnegut novel. It was really really good. I never cared for Nick Nolte, but he was an awesome Campbell. John Goodman was Frank Wirtanen, the Blue Fairy Godmother. And they changed very little, which I generally like to see in movie versions of books.

Vonnegut had a cameo as a face in the crowd. If anyone else knows Mother Night, it was in the scene where Campbell just stops and stands still on a city sidewalk. A bunch of different people walked by him, with several different faces in the camera for several seconds, and Vonnegut was one of them.

But I don't think the movie will make the class. Not quite.

I don't have any exams until Thursday. Thursday I have two exams and a paper due, and Friday I have a test.

I don't really have anything else to say.

Next up for the blog is definitely that review of Jason's cell phone. I don't think he reads the blog, but that doesn't really change things. He hit a new low that Tony told me about this weekend, so I'll have to share that with you.

Auf wiedersehen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best Vonnegut movie- Back to School.

Matt Shore said...

Mother Night is my favorite book and I'm scared to watch the movie. Remember that time we tried to write a screenplay of it? We sure did have some crazy adventures in that basement. Soccer Slam themed adventures, mostly.

Steve said...

I know what you mean. I was scared to watch it too. And it certainly isn't perfect. But they really nailed some things, and it's worth watching.

I believe it features a young Kirsten Dunst. It was made in the mid-90s, and she's in the cast. I haven't bothered to IMDB it to find out. I think she plays young Resi Noth.

Anyway, despite her role, you should see it.