Thursday, March 23, 2006

A return, perhaps?

I have to resist the urge to present this post in multiple fonts, footnoted, and arranged at random.

See, I've been reading House of Leaves, a novel by Mark Z. Danielewski. It's a little difficult to explain.

Let's call it a postmodern novel. It has stories inside stories, and it's just really schizophrenic and frightening. It's a horror story, and it really is scary, on multiple levels. I love it. I'm not sure a review could really do it justice, but we'll see.

On other topics...

Vonnegut class: still no word from those heathens in the Continuing Education Office. Apparently they haven't decided yet. GRRRRAR I'LL EAT YOU
Chile: still going there. Nothing new to say, I guess. I still suck remarkably at Spanish.
NEW ADDITION Grad school: fuck grad school. Teresa just started looking at med schools, which made me realize I need to start on grad schools, and it's just overwhelming. Where'd I put that cardboard box?

Hey, I got an email from my friend and former supervisor at Stuart Hall, Charles Kellom, yesterday. It contained a letter to the editor of Flyer News that he wanted them to publish. It's a response to the response to my article on reparations.

It hasn't been published yet on http://www.flyernews.com, but it will be soon. Perhaps when you read this. So go to that link, then check the "Opinion" headlines for anything referring to reparations.

I read over Charles' letter, and I declare him the winner. Done. Don't argue it.

What should my next opinion article be? I already wrote one on irrelevant national news and another about those little yellow "God Bless America" or "Support Our Troops" car magnets.

WHAT NEXT WILL EARN MY WRATH?!?!

Lastly, I demand you go to this website: http://www.qwantz.com. GLORIOUS!

Love,

Steve

No comments: