Monday, April 24, 2006

At the request of Tom Hanlon, I get back to the blog.

Okay it's been a long long time.

1. Vonnegut class: currently two sections. OH MAN. It's getting somewhat exciting. I think right now there are 22 people total in it. I should probably prepare in some way.

2. Chile: iré a Santiago en cuatro semanas. Estoy muy nervioso, pero yo estado practicando con Alyssa y me mejoré mucho. I'm still sure that I'm going to be way over my head, but I'll understand a little bit.

3. Flyer News: only one more issue left this year, and I didn't submit anything. So my current standing is:
4 opinion articles (A, B, C, D) - D is my newest, Thomas "HAL" Hanlon.
4 responses (A, B, C, D)
about 7 or 8 personal e-mails ("I SUPPORT OUR TROOPS WHO ARE FIGHTING THE ISLAMOFASCISTS...")
and about 300 personal responses ("I saw your article! But I didn't read it.")

And there you have it. That's the update on my life.

Oh, I just read Amusing Ourselves to Death by Neil Postman. It's a book for my sociology class, and it's pretty awesome. It's about how TV ruins everything.

Okay so now I need to take a shower.

Hey I'll be in Dayton for the second summer session, starting June 24. Anyone need a roommate? I think I'd rather not live in Founders.

Okay go time.

Love,

Steve