Friday, April 28, 2006

I almost feel guilty, doing so little during study days.

Oh, study days.

You make me so fucking lazy.

Yesterday I went to Bob Evans with T until 12, then slept from 12 to 2.

Then I literally sat around doing nothing until about 5.

At 5 I called the cops. Some people across the street had a megaphone and were saying dumb stuff into it. Fine, whatever.

Then a girl walked by and they said--as I recall--"You have a nice heiny. I want to touch it."

Whoops. Time for the UDPD.

Unfortunately, the cops would be about 20 minutes. Fine. I would wait. But 15 minutes later, when the guys hadn't said anything else with the megaphone, I realized the cops wouldn't be able to do anything. Especially since Jonny G, Justin and Jason, who were all on our porch at the time, hadn't noticed the comment. So I called the cops back and told them to forget it.

Then Justin, G, Jason and I went to the Circle of Friends end of the year party at Carillon Park. Kathy is the president, and she told us to come. Free pizza.

Circle of Friends is the group on campus that works with local adults who are mentally handicapped. We played kickball. Justin, G, Jason and I were the outfield, meaning we laid in the grass and threw a frisbee to each other.

As mentally handicapped people do, these people wore their hearts on their sleeves. As always, this was a hilarious, exciting and painful experience.

Then I went to The Fever, a one-man play. Nick Bays, a graduating senior in theater, performed it. It was awesome.

Nick was an American in a "poor country" who wakes up feeling violently ill. He stumbles to the tiolet to vomit and overhears a crowd outside, where an execution is planned. From there, the character just takes off, describing his privileged childhood, the simplicity of his life, and the unfairness of global capitalism.

In the end, he rejects the life of his family and friends, and he faces the idea that his actions rarely match his ideals.

Maybe this will sum it up. After the show, I saw Nick and congratulated him, because he really did a great job. And he said, "I thought you would like that one."

It was really cool and if it wasn't over I'd recommend you go see it.

I only have one exam, and a couple papers. Then I'm 3/4 done...with undergrad.

Conversation with Alyssa only reminds me that I'm not ready for Chile. But I'm going soon anyway.

Second session of the summer I'll be in Dayton. Let me know if you'll be around.

Love,

Steve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

goose egg