Friday, August 19, 2005

Here's to the atom bomb

Okay finally that River Stewardship thing is over. Or ova, as Jason would say.

I'm really really happy. It was a waste of time. Toward the end they started talking about everybody attending some meetings during the school year. Yeah, I've got news, that's not going to happen.

Trust me.

You don't want me at your meetings.

So now I'm happy because that trip is over, and Teresa arrived today, and school starts soon.

Coming soon will be a review of the first season of Upright Citizens Brigade, a comedy television show in which four actors--three male and one female--dress up all crazy and do little sketches. It is the source of many of the dumb phrases I and my friends--especially Brett--say, and it's pretty funny every time we say them. I think it ran in about 2000 to 2003, or something, and cast members went on to Saturday Night Live (Amy Poehler) and the Daily Show (Matt Walsh).

Also I might pull out some unexpected topics to review. Examples would be my wallet, the concept of "lunch," my professors, or one of my roommates. Look out, Beard.

Hey, wait, listen. Before I go: Thunderbirds Are Now! are playing in Newport, Kentucky (over the Ohio from Cincinnati) August 22nd, 2005. That's the night after the first day of school for UD students. They're playing with some opener I can't remember, as well as Rahim, another French Kiss Records band who Tony Storti assures me are like TAN! but somewhat slower. I loved TAN! the first time I saw them, and I would recommend everyone get to the show however they can.

Okay time for me to run along.

Love,

Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today was a fairly normal day for me, I must say. My day started at midnight. I was playing counter strike and watching season 3 of 24 on DVD. yes, at the same time. I did this till about 3am, and then decided to call it a night.

My alarm went off at 10:30am. It was my plan to wake up earlier than I have been recently, so my days wouldn't feel so fucking wasted. I promptly turned my alarm off and slumped back into another 2 hrs of slumber.

I awoke once again at 12:30pm, a new, refreshed man. My stomach was growling, so I poured myself and hearty bowl of cinnamon toast crunch, and poured a tall glass of OJ. I placed these items onto my handly blue, translucent tray, and carried it to my basement in order to watch more of my 24 dvd.

This summer has been filled with TV show DVD addictions. It all started when I borrowed the OC season 1 DVD from my good friend Amy. I watched that in about 5 days. Thats 7 dvds full of The OC goodness. My next bout has been with 24. I watched the first 2 seasons of 24 in about 4 days a piece. Yes, thats 24 episodes of 24 in 4 days. I watched the first season while still holding my 40 hour a week job. Now thats dedication, my friends.

After 2 episodes of 24, I decided it was time to shower and be on with my day.

I used shampoo and bodywash, with one of those blue frilly things. It made me feel pretty.

I emerged from my shower with a craving for subway. So what did I do? I went to subway, baby. I ordered and Italian BMT on Italian Herbs and Cheese bread, with cheese, ham, salami, pepperoni, lettuce, tomato, onions, green peppers, olives, cucumbers, and dressing. I took it home and ate it, while watching an episode of 24. It was delicious.

I then packed for a little bit, but I realized all my clothes were dirty so I really couldn't pack much. I decided to do my laundry, while playing cs. This took about 2 hours.

Then it was dinnertime. My family ate pizza and it was good.

I then played CS some more. It was good. My friend lenny called to see if I wanted to see the 40 yr old virgin, and I obliged.

The movie was good.


Mike Blocksidge, blog hijacker

Anonymous said...

dude. your blog sucks. put more of me in there...peace ---leonard