Thursday, June 29, 2006

Founders might be hot, but there is no shit to clean out of a pool.

Okay. I have a great story for you.

You guys know Mikey, right? Opera Mike? Michael Hugh Blocksidge, one of my roommates, from Rocky River, Ohio. He's a music and business major. Every summer, he goes back to Rocky River and works at a day camp for children with special needs, like Marcos and Hoffy did that one summer.

He used to work with the kid Maris who had a big swollen hand and would chase other kids around and shout "It's contagious! It's contagious!!" and I loved Mikey's impression of that.

Well, Maris graduated, but Mikey says there's a kid to take his place. I forget his name, but he has Williams syndrome, which Mikey says is like autism. Mental retardation, all that stuff.

Mikey tells me the kid was in the pool, and decided to poop. Then pick it up and throw it around. Then get all pissed off and splash it around.

So Mikey had to put a stop to that. Lots of handling of poop there. But that's not the best part (BELIEVE IT OR NOT!).

Mikey tells me about this, and sends me the link to the Wikipedia article about Williams syndrome, so I have an idea what he's talking about. And I read "unusually cheerful demeanor" as one of the traits of people with Williams syndrome, so I say, at least he has a cheerful demeanor. And if only I had kept the AIM conversation Mikey and I had, I could put his actual words. But it was something like
goatzilla14:FUCKING LIE
goatzilla14:that is so not true
And I tell him, edit Wikipedia then. And he says, "hang on...i'm going to create an account."
The next thing he sends me is a message that says something like "A Wikipedia bot has flagged your entry for inappropriate language." And he says, hang on, I have another idea.

Then he sends me the whole Williams article again. Read the first line under "Symptoms" in the article now. I just about died laughing.

If you didn't follow, Mikey added "with frequent swings into an unfathomable rage" after "cheerful demeanor." I like to think about Mikey cowering in fear in front of a raging elf-like eight-year-old.

I love to think about it, in fact.

Okay that's all for today.

Love,

Steve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that story, Steve.

I also like Mikey's Status on Facebook.com:

"Mike is WORKING 14 HOURS A DAY AT 2 JOBS AND FUCKING UP AN INTERNET CLASS."

-Beard