Monday, July 03, 2006

Visitors make Dayton livable. Pretty much.

One week down of STEP, and of sitting around Dayton. Five left.

This weekend Alyssa came in from Indiana to visit everyone here. She stayed with me in Founders. Somehow this did not result in 1,000,000 violent arguments.

No, actually, it was fun. We went down to Kentucky to visit the UDSAP house, the students on volunteer/retreat in Appalachia. Sam and I agreed it was a little too retreat-like, but whatever. I got to hang out with Patty J and Carolyn Slott and Ken Farrell. That was Friday night. Then Saturday we sat around, went over to Joe's apartment, played poker, watched a couple movies. Sunday we went to Brett's.

Tony Storti came in this weekend and stayed down at Brett's house. He says Europe was awesome, especially Germany. At least, it was better than the fifty-five-hour weeks he's putting in at the factory now. We did lots more sitting around Sunday.

It was pretty much glorious.

Today we watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for English class, then finish it in my tutorial tonight. So I have nothing at all to do, except probably explain the students' grades on the previous paper. But don't let me complain about this job. It is 2,000 times better than Stuart Hall housekeeping.

Let me know what's going on in your lives!

Love,

Steve

No comments: