Thursday, August 23, 2007

Brady Quinn is my boyfriend

I have been busy the past few days. Umm let's see.

I got a job. I'm a tutor at the Writing Center at UC Denver, which is very much like the job I had at UD. We had job training last Thursday and Friday. I met the rest of the tutors except one or maybe two and they are all very cool. The job is going to be good. Also I have class with one of the head tutors, Drew. MORE ON THIS LATER

I started class Monday. That class, Rhetoric and the Teaching of Writing, looks frickin' exactly like a class I took junior year at UD, Composition Theory. Just because I was a junior doesn't mean much though; there were grad students in that class. I think I can handle this stuff the second time through, though. The professor seems really cool. He's a retired high school teacher who teaches one class per semester at UCD. He's nice.

Tuesday I accidentally skipped a class. I have three classes, right? One Monday night, one Wednesday night. Those two are three hours each, and once a week. The third class I thought was once a week also, Thursday morning. WHOOPS it's Tuesday and Thursday for an hour and fifteen minutes. I discovered this Tuesday night. Ah well.

Wednesday was Language Theory, or Linguistics. The professor is a hilarious guy named Ian Ying, straight outta China. He likes to make jokes in class, although he does tend to do the Jeff Bennett thing--pausing near the end of his sentences like we're supposed to know the exact word he's going to say next. As for the class itself, it should be interesting. I've heard some of the things before, in dear old Dan Miller's class, but it'll be fun.

Today I went to the Tuesday-Thursday class, which is Writing in New Media. It looks fun. Dr. Comstock is the professor, and she seems really cool and laid-back. The class is all about writing in different media, which means audio and video productions at some point in the semester. I can do that, I guess. The great part is, we formed groups that will last throughout the semester, and my group looks really good. I'm with Drew of the Writing Center (another grad student), Jeff (the other grad student), and Jef. Jef is a senior writing major, and his first name features but one F. For that reason, our group name is One-F Jef and the Graduate Students. They're really funny guys, and I think the class is going to be great.

However, it does mean I'll have to write. And considering it's been about a week, I don't know if I'll want to do that. I do, however, want to whine.

So that's what has been happening. Also did I mention we got a guinea pig. I don't think I said so before. She is very funny and we have named her Maeby. We got her free from someone on Craigslist. She likes walking back and forth in Teresa's rolled-up thesis poster. She lives on the floor of the dining room.

Okay that is life. I will be back soon.

Love,

Steve

1 comment:

tony said...

less talk about you, more talk about your boyfriend.