Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I return, triumphant, to a small government office.

Here's what happened today.

Sitting around, for a while. Then the DMV. I got my picture taken, got a temporary license, got registered to vote. Only stood in line for about 15 minutes. It was heavenly.

THE REAL STORY IS I got an e-mail from the CU Denver Writing Center about getting a job this fall. See, they had turned me down a while ago, but then the guy e-mailed me and said he needed one more person. I COULD BE THAT PERSON!!!

Of course, he sent me this e-mail July 31. It was addressed to my UD e-mail, which I hardly check. So I hurried up and responded to him, and he said I could get in there about 15 hours a week. Fuck, better than nothing.

I have job training tomorrow and Friday, 9-2. As Joe and I say, "Hired!" Back when we needed summer jobs, we would always debate whether we would be "hired" or "fired" by the company. Obviously, "hired" makes a lot of sense, but we would laugh about the idea that a company had "fired" us just by not giving us jobs.

ANYWAY I'm back in the tutoring game. That's where I'll be all day tomorrow. How in the world I'll get up in time for it, I do not know.

I'll be sure to tell you all about it when I get home, secret diary.

Love,

Steve

No comments: