Monday, September 05, 2005

Did you guys hear about the rain in New Orleans?

I have an idea for my thesis.

Oh, yeah, sorry I haven't had a new post for a while. I'm doing other things.

Also, this post has nothing to do with its own title.

So for my thesis.

I want to teach a mini-course at UD. About Kurt Vonnegut.

Tell me that wouldn't be awesome. I'd get to talk about Vonnegut for a couple hours a week, and give everyone an A. I mean a grade.

And I'm assuming at least a few people who read this blog would register for this class. There would be reading involved, but if you just asked me to summarize it before class, I would. Then we'd sit around and talk about Kurt Vonnegut.

Dream come true.

I got the idea from my neighbor Johnzo (John Gueltzow), who said a friend of his did it a few years ago. I already pretty much got the idea approved by Dr. Brecha, the new associate director of the scholars program, too.

It wouldn't even take that much work, I don't think. I would just look up a couple syllabuses (syllabi?) on the Internets, then steal their ideas. Then add a couple of my own. Then read any Vonnegut I haven't read already, which is maybe Galapagos and that's it. Then teach a class.

That's the plan. Register for my class.

Coming soon on the blog: a review of something I read for class. Shakespeare, probably, but maybe some early British lit (think King Arthur).

Shakespeare is going down in flames.

Happy Labor Day.

No comments: