Sunday, February 12, 2006

I wish it was a literal battle rather than a battle of musical skill. If it were, I'd choose Tony with my first pick.

Okay, I'm not quite keeping with my goal of posting every day. But not bad.

Monologue Night is now officially over. It went really well, I think. I had forgotten how much fun performing is. Or I should say "can be." I'm a fast fast dog.

I've got Full Circle pretty well memorized, I'd say, but I'm behind on UD Monologues. So it goes.

I just got an IM from my friend Mark Kannen. He sent me www.cnn.com. Word on the street is Dick Chaney just shot a guy. That makes me laugh.

The story is, they were hunting, and old Dick really wanted to bag a quail, and he shot his friend, a lawyer.

That really is a shame. I'd imagine the bird got away free, too.

In other news, I picked up an application for the UD Battle of the Bands, sponsored once again by a now-much-shittier Flyer Radio, 99.5 http://flyer-radio.udayton.edu.

The battle is organized by Keith Bange, the only bright spot at the otherwise-poopy station.

I haven't told Brad or Dominic about the possibility of playing yet. I'm assuming here that Dom is still alive. Brad, what do you think? First round is March 30 and April 1 (we only need to play one) and the finals are April 6. Applications due March 3. Sounds like it's organized a lot like last year, really.

Would we just play the same damn songs as last year? Odds seem pretty good.

And here's something to comment about: should Tony Storti and I get people together and try out for the battle? Tony was somewhat against it but didn't outright say no. I'd like to get Jason onstage with us and literally fuck around for 30 minutes. Yeah, I could do two bands. Vote now!

Love,

Steve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes. do it.





need a singer?