Friday, January 25, 2008

I saw lotsa birds

Okay here's what I do: I get on the bus across the street from our apartment, at a bus stop near a park. Here, look:


View Larger Map

We live in the building in the lower right, the one going north-south. That upper overhang on the left side of the building is basically our apartment, except we live on the bottom floor. I cross Mississippi, then Quebec, and the bus stop is under that first tree on Mississippi, where there's a little strip of lighter pavement. That is where I get on the bus.

The past two days I've been standing on the upper-right corner of that intersection, looking west across Quebec, and there have been geese in the park. If you want to see the park, you can scroll that map. Here is a goose:



Well, that's two geese. Anyway, the past two days I have seen flocks of geese fly east to west over my head. When I say "flocks," I'm not talking about 10-20 geese. I am talking about like at least 250. I mean when I look left and right down Quebec I can see geese everywhere. This might appear to be an exaggeration or lie but it is not. There are lots and lots of geese in the air, all going the same direction, honking away.

It is fucking crazy. I look forward to it every day now.

No comments: