Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Can't sleep. Noice.

Three AM. Not going to bed. Posting something on the Internet.

I got an email from Jason Kramb the other day. Him, he still in Africa. It sounds...well...

hey steve,

i finally saw your harassment on my face book page. how dare you write on my wall. things are ok here. the internet has been out a lot and when it is working its gotten more expensive, so I have cut down on my usage. Stupid africa and its lack of widely available high speed internet. But other than the internet things have been going ok. Our first semester just ended so now starts our 'winter' break (stupid southern hemisphere too). The kids tend to not understand physics or math, but there are few that are pretty nice. Once I found the keys to the labratory, which took about 4 months, and started letting them play with stuff in there they seemed to like physics a lot more. I don't really think they are actually learning much by playing in the lab, and they keep stealing stuff, but at least I don't have to lecture in front of 40 kids who don't want to listen :) That's mostly all thats been going on here. People are still impressed by my white skin. I am very slowly learning more swahili (though people are very bad at the whole speaking slowly and slimply concept). It's hot.

So whats up there? Still in school like a loser? Obviously you have turned into a facebook whore but that is what happens when I leave I guess. What's up with your facebook picture by the way? Why are you in a suit? What are you gonna do when you finish grad school? I'll come visit.

Well here ends my rushed email that I will refuse to reread for mistakes because I know there will be some that I miss anyway (and there are approximately 90 seconds left to finish and send this). Hope all is well in the US of A.
jason

The bold is mine. My favorite parts. So he's doing pretty good. No diseases, no bullet holes.

I saw lots of people in Chicago. They're all doing good I'm guessing. Seemed like it.

I have this idea for a blog where a bunch of us are registered to make posts. Maybe me, Teresa, Aaron, Beard, Tony, Mikey. I'd really want Patrick Coate. Really I'm not picky. Lots of people. It might be cool. It might be terrible. I also can't think of a name for it. ??? And no, "???" is not accepted as a blog address.

Holy Freakin Crap the song "Summerland" by Everclear just came on and it's taking me back about ten years. What a good song, golly. I like it.

I'm hoping a funny little story comes to me, but I don't think it will. 3:40 at this point. Creativity kinda drops at some point.

Tell me what you think about the blog idea!

Love,

Steve

3 comments:

mike said...

you've never had a good idea in your miserable life.

UNTIL NOW

Steve said...

oh. i did list you, didn't i.

PEC said...

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

That's right, the Bible works for even you, Steven.

Lacking in summer activity, I would definitely post.