Thursday, June 05, 2008

Hahaha I have nothing to do all day!

Here's another noir story. These are kind of fun to write! Go visit the other blog too.

-----
I woke up and it was dark. Finally, death.

Turns out it was worse. Life. Well fuck.

I got up for some reason. I could hear the boys down the hall. They were already a few drinks in and halfway through their favorite flick, a little number about the Oriental invasion. They'd been drinking. So had I. Of course I had. You would too.

I walked down the hall. That's what people are supposed to do, I guess. Fine.

The boys were talking about some dame one of them had been around with. Not much fun to talk to, but a lot of fun to look at. Good for the bone, the boys said. I wouldn't know.

There was a noise in the alley. A man vomiting. I smiled. Awesome. One of the boys said he had had too much. Maybe...maybe he hadn't had enough. I didn't even know any more. I said something that people find acceptable. The man called Beard kept making jokes. I fucking hate jokes.

"YOU LEAVE STEVE WEISHAMPEL ALONE," I told him. The boys laughed. Motherfuckers. They would all bleed one day.

I looked at the one called Beard. His face was hideous to me. He showed me a picture of animals. "Friends forever," it said. I grimaced. Life is unbearable. Before I went back to bed--forever, if there is a God--I told him my mantra. Nothing, but nothing.
-----

Love,

Steve

No comments: