Sunday, July 16, 2006

Finally an update for my sweet prince.

All right, Teresa's been here since Tuesday and she's going back early tomorrow morning. TIME FLIES WHEN YOU'RE HAVING FUN and we've been trying hard to have fun in Dayton, Ohio.

As far as STEP, not much is going on. I missed a tutoring session Tuesday evening because I was stuck in traffic picking up Teresa from the airport. Whoops. Nobody seemed to mind too much. Let's be honest: the students didn't miss a whole lot. I'm getting better at the running-tutorial thing but I'm not great at it.

STEP is now half over and I'm ready for it to be totally over. It's not painful or very difficult. It's just--as I believe I've mentioned before here--somewhat BORING AS FUCK to be here.

In international news: Israel reminds the rest of the Middle East why it is so hated.

Teresa and I went down to Brett's house the other day and that was fun. We played a game called "Apples to Apples." I declare myself the winner. We had margaritas and they were acceptable.

I'm working on ideas for Flyer News articles for next year. I heard from a few people that I might be the "Liberal" writer in a sort of debate-style setup in the opinions section next year. No idea who my counterpart would be. I think that will be fun and the UD campus will declare me the loser routinely, although judging from what I've heard from people about my previous articles it would be close. I think my problem is that I'm not very polite or gracious at all.

I've had a few ideas for articles, but they wouldn't work well in a format like that. My best idea is to write about the student protests in Chile that happened while we were there, and about how I think they should happen here in urban public schools but probably never will. Cheerful, I know.

So let me know if you have any suggestions for next year's articles.

And I'll talk to you later.


Love,

Stevie.

1 comment:

Tom said...

YOU ARE A FAR SWEETER PRINCE