Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Today is a good day I think for comics!

Friends, do I even need to bother with my opinions on the Fourth of July?

I don't think so. You know me well enough. So I'll spare you the rambling. Most of you could write my rant for me anyway.

Instead, I think I'll talk about A Softer World. It's a comic strip, pretty much. It consists of three pictures with words written across them, written by Emily Horne and Joey Corneau. There are absolutely no themes or consistencies among the strips--each stands on its own.

I'm not totally sure I like it. I mean, sometimes it makes me laugh out loud. Sometimes it's serious and really well-done and well-written. And sometimes it's silly as hell.

Examples:
Laugh out loud.
Serious and badass.
Silly as hell.

Also, I love this one and this one and this one. Sometimes I just sit there clicking the back button over and over, reading ones I've read before. They're pretty cool.

As you know, I love Dinosaur Comics at Qwantz.com. I highly recommend them to anyone.

That's about it. No class today. Free food later, I think. Until then: sitting around!

Love,

Steve

No comments: