Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Things to do when you are bored!

If you're like me, you get bored sometimes. It's natural! It happens.

Here are a few suggestions of things you can do! To alleviate boredom.

You could:
- type the word "please" after a url
- make up band names--then draw logos or sketch the band members!
- interview yourself and submit the transcript to TIME magazine
- make a video of yourself lip-synching your favorite song and post it on youtube.com
- learn a foreign language or two
- ensure you drink 8 glasses of water a day
- write your mother a letter
- shovel the snow or cut the grass (seasonal)
- type things in all caps
- memorize some song lyrics (I highly endorse this!)
- invent something
- plot and execute a robbery
- reminisce
- speak in an accent
- try a new drug
- spraypaint something onto your car (regular spraypaint works fine)
- get a fuckin job maybe???

Here's a video:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a tendency to plan out emergency plans for the wost possible scenario when I'm bored. For example, I'm waiting in line at the bank. What if some nutjob comes in with a gun and tries to rob the bank? Am I going to lie down and give in to his demands? Am I going to be the hero. Yeah, fuck yeah, I'm going to be the hero.

Now lets see, this nylon band that is keeping the lines separate could be used as a whip; it could also double as a noose. That rent-a-cop looks like a pussy. When he gets scared, I can go grab his gun, and then climb that wall and get a good vantage point on the robber; my CS skills will come in handy, I think to myself.

Once I'm lauded as a hero, whats my play? Call myself a badass and pick up chicks, or say its what any one else would have done?

This is what I do when I'm bored.

-mikey

Steve said...

"I'm waiting in line at the bank (to ask for another loan)"

Jon said...

"I'm waiting in line at the bank (to make my weekly Sunday Mil winnings deposit)"

Anonymous said...

Has nothing to do with this post, but you should read this:

http://www.marginalia.org/dfw_kenyon_commencement.html

Thank Paul for the recommendation/find.

Steve said...

I read that in a collection of non-fiction from that year, edited by Dave Eggers. It's really good.

mike said...

update ur dang blog

Anonymous said...

When I am bored, I like to add the phrase "to the painfully alone" to the end of band names.

Example: "The Velvet Underground for the Painfully Alone"

mike said...

I just life-tilt-bought a shitty acoustic guitar from Amazon. Will this be the best tilt-choice I ever make? STAY TUNED